NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC – To provide flexibility to residents who need a free COVID-19 vaccine, booster or rapid test, the New Hanover County Pandemic Operations Center is now encouraging a scheduled appointment for these services but will not require it.
“Our goal here at the Pandemic Operations Center is to help our community in the continued fight against COVID-19 and we want to make that as simple as possible,” Pandemic Operations Manager Jon Campbell said. “While we certainly hope people continue to use our online scheduling platforms to let us know when they’ll be coming by for a test or vaccine, we want to allow those who have busy schedules the opportunity to stop in and quickly get the service they need without having to be on site at a specific time.”
Appointments for vaccines and boosters at the Pandemic Operations Center (1507 Greenfield Street) can be made by signing up at TakeMyShot.NC.gov. Vaccines and boosters are available during the following days and times:
- Mondays from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesdays from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Thursdays from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Fridays from 1-5 p.m.
Additionally, you can sign up to receive a rapid test at no cost by visiting this link. Rapid tests will be available during the following days and times:
- Wednesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Fridays from 9 m.-noon
For more information on the Pandemic Operations Center, vaccines, boosters or testing, visit Health.NHCGov.com/Coronavirus or call the Coronavirus Call Center at 910-798-6800.
Low COVID-19 Community Level
Following its weekly review of county-specific data, the CDC has rated New Hanover County at a low COVID-19 community level. Recommended precautions for this level include being fully vaccinated and boosted, and testing for COVID if you develop symptoms. Mask usage at this community level is optional. The CDC plans to update community levels weekly, so residents can check the CDC website here to know the current community impact level.
COVID-19 Community Data, as of March 10:
- New Hanover County’s percent positivity over the past 14 days is 7 percent (this represents positive Molecular (PCR) tests as a percent of total PCR tests performed countywide).
- Over the past 14 days, 276 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the county which is an average of 19.7 cases per day.
- According to Novant Health NHRMC, as of March 7, the average daily number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized over the previous week was 10.
- Approximately 147,982 residents (about 63 percent) have been vaccinated with two doses or one dose of J&J, and 78,569 residents (about 33.5 percent) have been vaccinated with one booster or an additional dose.
View additional COVID-19 information and data at Health.NHCgov.com.